Welcome to the Barcelona Research Center in Multiscale Science and Engineering
Barcelona Research Center in Multiscale Science and Engineering is a center of the Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya dedicated to research, development and innovation in the fields of micro and nanoengineering, nanotechnology and nanoscience, among others. The center is a multidisciplinary project among different research groups of the , with the objective of strengthening the work in both fundamental and applied research where different levels of scale and complexity are present.
Main research topics include:
- Manipulation and study of nanoparticles for applications in electronics, communications and sensors.
- Mechanical, electrical and electronic properties of micro- and nanodevices, structures and biological systems.
- Multiscale analysis of coupled processes: Complex system behaviour.
- Nanoscale analysis of surfaces and reactivity.
- Simulation and modelling of nanometric systems and nanostructured materials.
- Fabrication, characterization and applications of micro and nanometric layers.
- Nanometric devices integration in micro and mesoscopic systems.
- Design, preparation, and characterization of nanoparticles and their use in catalysis.
- Energy and environmental applications of nanoparticles and nanostructures.